Monday, October 6, 2008

July 2007

Hi Everyone!

Well, when you think about what we do...connecting these lovely young people with you wonderful adults in the US...it is pretty amazing. And more amazing still once you recognize how very tneuous our technology links really are. Suffice it to say that my first waking hours...all 8 of them were spent running all over Johannesburg with my wonderful driver Lawrence, trying to find a phone that would work and internet access. And after all that time...what I have been able to cobble together is a broken antennae duct taped to my wireless card, and the antennae precariously balanced on top of a bowl of gerber daisiies. Oh and did I mention that there is a table balanced on two legs holding my laptop plug into the outlet adapter??? And I've had to write this three times because I keep losing my internet connection?? Yes, Micael, I know...a word doc first...but I'm in such a hurry!!

I did get to spend a few moments in the nursery at TLC...a never ending stream of beautiful and tiny abandonded babies flow into their loving arms. The Love of Christ Ministries (TLC) is where Amy and my sons spent the first year of their lives. And what a difference their love has made in all of our little guys' beginnings. It is so hard to put these little ones down. So easy to imagine bringing another little smiling boy into my life...but!!! Back to business!!!

So, Wednesday I am off to Nkosi's Haven. Yes, I will take tons of photos!!!! I will give the children there your love and hugs...lucky me!!

Enough from chilly Jo'burg...before I lose my connection a fourth time and end up pulling out all my hair!

With thanks for all you do!

Dana

No comments: